Skip to content
Here is everything you need to know about Kruger2Canyon Challenge
- Entries are open, as of 4 October 2018
- Enter Here
- Entries close 3 July 2018
- The Ultra is a notoriously tough course, mainly because day 1 takes place in steep mountainous terrain with approx 2300m of elevation gain. Stage 1 quickly earned itself the reputation of one of South Africa’s toughest courses. Stage 2 is much easier (350m elevation gain), but not to be totally underestimated on tired legs!
- The Marathon distance was added in 2017. Stage 1 will be a tough 26km, it also climbs up the escarpment, but not down into the Blyde River Canyon.
- The event is a 2 day stage race offering an Ultra distance of 70km and a Marathon Distance of 42km. These are total distances over the 2 stages.
- Stage 1 is 42km and 25km run in the mountains and Blyde River Canyon.
- Stage 2 is 28km and 18km run in the bushveld on The Blue Canyon Conservancy.
- To receive a finishing trophy a runner must finish the Ultra or Marathon Distance on both days.
- All routes are fully marked and do not require a GPS or self navigation
- Aid Stations are positioned along the route. Distances between them vary from 7km to 14km.
- The race is hosted out of Laerskool Mariepskop in Kampersrus, Limpopo, South Africa. Both stages Start and Finish at this venue.
- Registration is on 13 July 2018 from 3pm and race days are Saturday 14 July 2018 and Sunday 15 July 2018
- Dorm and self-camp accommodation is available at the venue. Take a packaged entry or book it separately.
- Kitchen facilities are available at Laerskool Mariepskop.
Packages and Meals
- You can book a full package that includes all meals from Friday dinner to Sunday brunch. Once you have completed your entry, please email our event administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm your selection between self-camp and dorm accommodation.
- You can also book a runners package and arrange your own food and accommodation. Camping at the school is an accommodation option.
- Meals can be booked separately for runners and spectators.
- You can also book single day entries. No garment or medals for this option.
- One of the food themes is venison provided by the Blue Canyon Conservancy. Biltong, burgers, steaks and potjie kos are will on offer through the weekend.
- Vegetarian options will be available.
- All entries include a R200 per runner per day conservation fee that goes to the Kruger2Canyons Biosphere.
- Partners of the race are KZN Trail Running, Kruger2Canyons Biosphere, Laerskool Mariepskop and Standford Lake College.