Skip to content
Here is everything you need to know about Kruger2Canyon Challenge
- Entries are open, as of 4 October 2017
- Enter Here
- Entries close 06 July 2018
- The event is a 2-day stage trail run offering an Ultra Distance of 70km and a Marathon Distance of 42km. These are total distances over the 2 stages.
- Stage 1 is 42km and 25km run in the mountains and Blyde River Canyon.
- Stage 2 is 28km and 17km run in the bushveld on The Blue Canyon Conservancy.
- The Ultra is a notoriously tough course, mainly because day 1 takes place in steep mountainous terrain with approx 2300m of elevation gain. Stage 1 quickly earned itself the reputation of one of South Africa’s toughest stages on a multiday event. Stage 2 is much easier (350m elevation gain), but not to be totally underestimated on tired legs!
- The Marathon distance was added in 2017. Stage 1 is a tough 25km, it also climbs up the escarpment, but does not go down into the Blyde River Canyon which means it has considerably less elevation gain.
- To receive a finishing trophy participants must finish the Ultra or Marathon Distance on both days. Finishing both days, but on different courses will earn a Marathon trophy.
- All routes are fully marked and do not require a GPS or self-navigation
- Aid Stations are positioned along the route. Distances between them vary from 7km to 14km.
The New Venue
- The race is hosted at Franklyn Park just outside Kampersrus, Limpopo, South Africa. Both stages Start and Finish at this venue.
- Registration is on 13 July 2018 from 3pm and race days are Saturday 14 July 2018 and Sunday 15 July 2018.
- Only camping accommodation is available at the venue.
- There are a number of accommodation options offering rooms within 30 minutes of the venue, some as close as 10 minutes.
Packages and Meals
- You can book a full package that includes all meals from Friday dinner to Sunday brunch.
- Alternatively, you can book a runners package and arrange your own food and accommodation. Self-camping at the venue is an option at R150 pppn (R90 for kids under 18 years)
- Meals can be booked separately for runners and spectators.
- You can also book single day entries. No garment or medals for this option.
- One of the food themes is venison provided by the Blue Canyon Conservancy. Biltong, burgers, steaks and potjiekos will be on offer through the weekend.
- Vegetarian options will also be available.
- All entries include a R200 per runner per day conservation fee that goes to the Kruger2Canyons Biosphere.
- Partners of the race are KZN Trail Running, Kruger2Canyons Biosphere, Laerskool Mariepskop and Standford Lake College.